Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Page Mill in the fall

I meant to send an email out last Wednesday, after I took a beautiful ride up to Monte Bello ridge in the morning. It was overcast and dim, with few cars. Very quiet and different feeling -- the first overcast morning of the season. One of those really great Page Mill mornings.

This morning, it was clear, dark and cold (57F). It seemed like there were a lot of cars on Page Mill. There was a buck with lots of pointy horns who crossed Page Mill just in front of me at Phil's spot. Besides him, there were a few other deer who were looking for Phil.

I made it up to MBR in 1:03, which is far from Rune's record, but is pretty close to my personal goal of one hour.

October is a big slacker month for me, as Julia is traveling (thus I am tending chillun' in the morning), then when she gets back, I'll be off to Portugal. Hopefully, I'll be mountain biker dude while I'm there. We'll see...

In other news, Patrick appears to have recovered from his crash. At least no beer came out of any holes when he was celebrating his birthday this past Saturday night.

Hope everyone is well, and getting ready for Halloween.

David

No comments: