Wednesday, December 5, 2007

One is the Lonliest Pickle

So Rune and I have decided to start seeing other weekdays. Rune is currently experimenting with Thursday, while I'm still on Wednesday. You can catch me down at the coffee bar, trying to look cool with my polyester shirt and tight pants.

This morning I rode up to the Christmas Tree farm -- an excellent ride, wet, but not cold, and not foggy (except for my glasses). The moon was slim and high in the sky, and the eastern hills just glowing a bit when I got to the top.

Its kind of a bummer, because I really feel far from my peak performance: At a comfortable pace, I got to gate 4 in about 54 minutes, which is a ways from my all-time best of 47. As far as distance, except for my long rides in Norway and Portugal, I don't think I've ridden farther than 22 miles since the beginning of August. Hopefully this isn't the beginning of some kind of Thompson-like burnout. Next thing you know, I'll be moving to Coeur'd Alene.

On the other hand, I'm out there and having a great ride, so I guess it doesn't matter that much. If anyone knows a sensitive and open rider looking for long sunrise climbs, non-smoker, must like Peet's, please send them my way.

(of course RD and I are still kickin' it on Tuesdays and Fridays)

No comments: