Monday, December 3, 2007

Sour Pickle Looking for a Sweet Ride

It's starting to feel like time to train up for the next year of knee injuries. As you know, at our household, all weekends are scheduled up to 6 months in advance. I already know that I can't attend the Death Ride, for example.

There are a few rides that will appear on my schedule though, such as:
Solvang Century, March 8th.
TUC, May 10th.

Rides from last year that were fun:
Tierra Bella, April 19th
Sequoia, June 1st
Shasta Century, August 1st
Death Ride, July 12th

I am not sure how it'll all come out this year, but I've promised myself to share the pain and encourage Leo to join me. The most likely outcome is that I'll be riding 50 mile/metric century distances, though I just can't see missing out on all those hills in the TUC.

Speaking of the TUC, we've already made our reservations in Fortuna. This year, we're riding the week before Humboldt State's graduation, so it should be much easier to get a room in town, and they aren't jacking up their prices like last year.

-- Dr P.

No comments: